By Jean Morra
The new homepage design highlights the Institute’s extensive policy work, seminars, leadership programs, events, news, and resources. Improved navigation helps users quickly find the information they seek - or browse the site by topic area.
1. Mega menus in the main navigation present a comprehensive explanation of the Institute and the web site.
2. An interactive billboard features “promos” of our most timely programs.
3. Users can ‘Explore our Work’ by selecting an issue area or type of work to see the variety of work within that area. Users will also find it easier to browse our upcoming events and our video library.
4. A series of scrolling infoblocks, such as a calendar and latest news and blog posts, allows users to navigate to events, see the latest news about the Institute and learn more about select events directly from the homepage.
5. An expanded footer with additional navigation options includes a ribbon of Institute-affiliated websites for easy access.
We are planning even more improvements for the Aspen Institute website, so check back with us regularly!