Education Innovation Forum and Expo:
Leveraging i3 to Drive an Innovation Culture
January 20-21, 2011
Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
This unique, invitation-only event will bring together over 500 of our nation’s leading education innovators and philanthropic, for-profit and institutional investors, with some of the country’s most creative public and private sector leaders to address the most intractable challenges facing American education.
The Forum will also feature an interactive Expo to showcase leading non-profit and for-profit education innovations including high scoring applicants from the competitive Investing in Innovation Fund (i3)
Connecting innovators and investors from all sectors. Bringing together bright minds and bold ideas from the public and private sectors to spark new partnerships and solutions.
Capitalizing on the momentum of i3. Continuing to promote and foster the innovative spirit evident in the tremendous response to the Investing in Innovation Fund (i3).
Creating and sustaining an innovation culture. Igniting broader conversations on the future of innovation in education and changes needed to increase efficiency and effectiveness to help all students succeed.
Key objectives for the forum include:
- Create a national stage to feature investment ready non-profit and for profit educational innovations
- Foster an education policy environment that is more innovation and investment friendly
- Showcase highscoring i3 projects
- Attract more private equity investment to promising education innovations
- Provide an enduring platform for connecting innovators with venture capitalists, social innovation investors, educators and policymakers
- Engage thought leaders from other sectors in creating a robust education innovation and R&D infrastructure