The Aspen Institute’s Health Innovation Project will host a discussion, in partnership with ThinkWellPoint, entitled, “Reinventing Health Care: Frontline Innovations Transforming Local Care Delivery.” This will be the third of 3 regional events: Columbus, OH; New York, NY; and San Francisco, CA.
|Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 8:30am - 12:00pm||
The City Club of San Francisco
San Francisco, CA
At the forum, speakers will provide an overview of the Health Innovation Project’s report, "Reinventing Health Care: The Barriers to Innovation," first released in Washington, D.C., in March 2012. Report authors will review their findings on recommendations to empower consumers in their own health decisions and engage physicians and providers in the pursuit of innovation.
- Carole Gresenz, PhD, Jacobs Professor, Department of Health Systems Administration, Georgetown University
- Daniel Newton, PhD, Director, Behavioral Economics, Clinical Strategy and Innovation, WellPoint, Inc.
Ron Christie, JD, President and Founder, Christie Strategies
A panel of local experts will follow and highlight efforts happening on the frontlines of care to improve patient health in the San Francisco/San Jose Bay Area and across California. The recipients of Health Care Innovation Award grants from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation will give overviews of their nationally recognized efforts to improve patient care while reducing health spending.
- Robert W. Bennett, President and Chief Executive Officer, Family Service Agency of San Francisco
- Luisa Buada, RN, MPH, Chief Executive Officer, Ravenswood Family Health Center, South County Community Health Center, Inc.
- David E. Goodman, MD, MSE, Chief Medical Officer, FirstVitals Health & Wellness
- Mary Hiller, Executive Director, MedExpert International, Inc.
- Jessica Yen, The Asian Americans for Community Involvement of Santa Clara
Wil Yu, Director, Foundation for Healthcare Innovation