Columbia Partnership Opportunity Delegation
With the recent Free Trade Agreement in full effect, opportunities for trade, investment, and collaboration between the US and Colombia have never been more compelling. Driving this growing partnership is a new era of young and exciting entrepreneurs who are contributing both profit and value to the markets, communities, and environments in which they operate. Read More.
New Ideas at OSD
- Dean Kamen - Entrepreneurship & Innovation, January 28, 2013
- Daniel Kahneman - The Science of Decision, April 22, 2013
- Jacqueline Novogratz - Social Entrepreneur: Harnassing the power of free markets to end poverty and promote stability, May 29, 2013
- Larry Brilliant - President of the Skoll Global Threats Fund, former CEO of Google.Org
- Tom Rath - Doing Our Best while Feeling Our Best: Harnassing the power of wellness and strengths-based leadership, January 8, 2014
- Shawn Achor, The Happiness Advantage: How a Positive Mindset Leads to High Performance, January 13, 2014
- Daniel Libeskind, Breaking the Mold: How creativity, design, and imagination can transform the future, April 23, 2014
May 1-2, 2013
On May 1, 2013 the U.S. Department of State, Stanford's d.school, Unreasonable at Sea, and the Aspen Institute’s Global Alliances Program co-hosted a global gathering of influential people from all walks of business, government, and civil society. Unreasonable@State brought together global startups, policy makers, investors, and development practitioners to explore how entrepreneurship and design-thinking can be leveraged to solve the most pressing intractable global challenges of our time. The main event highlighted 15 ingenius startups with innovative development solutions alongside the State Department’s efforts to support global entrepreneurship. In addition, the event offered insights from Unreasonable at Sea’s global experiment as a startup accelerator having sailed over 25,000 nautical miles and into 13 countries. Additional workshops on May 2 allowed the diverse group of global influencers to explore these challenges further, to attempt to bring these solutions to scale, and to re-think the future of finance, diplomacy, education, healthcare, capital markets, poverty, and the planet.
For more information, visit: http://unreasonableatstate.com/overview.