Global Alliances Program
Global Alliances Program
November 11th – 15th, 2013
With the recent Free Trade Agreement in full effect, opportunities for trade, investment, and collaboration between the US and Colombia have never been more compelling. Driving this growing partnership is a new era of young and exciting entrepreneurs who are contributing both profit and value to the markets, communities, and environments in which they operate.
As an emerging market, Colombia is overflowing with opportunity and the Aspen Institute, renowned for its work in being a catalyst for global good, looks forward to exploring ways that individuals and organizations from US public and private sectors can play an active and valuable role in supporting Colombia's ecosystems for investment, entrepreneurship, and impact.
This is a rare opportunity to join leaders of the Aspen Institute's Global Alliances Program and the US Department of State in exploring the potential for VC and angel investing in a truly booming market.
From November 11th through the 15th, The Aspen Institute is taking a entrepreneurship & investment delegation to Colombia. Participants will meet:
- The best and brightest Colombian entrepreneurs
- Colombia's most successful and forward thinking impact accelerators, incubators, fund directors, and fellow angel investors
- Senior government officials charged with facilitating foreign investment, and spearheading exciting initiatives in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Industry leaders paving the way for Colombian entrepreneurs to benefit from traditional finance, knowledge, training and resources.
And learn about:
- Opportunities and processes for making foreign investments
- The individuals and organizations involved in impact investing in Colombia the industries and sectors with the greatest opportunities
- The investment and return landscape in Colombia
- How Colombia's government and private sector are working together to safeguard US investment and security interests
In Association with
- Early-stage VC and angel investors
- Industry leaders and development experts interested to explore opportunities in impact investing, entrepreneurship, and social enterprise in Colombia
- Click here to see the members of this delegation
Day one will include welcoming and framing by the public and private sectors. Delegates will be meeting with the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Toursim; Proexport Colombia; Invest in Bogota; Bancoldex Private Equity Fund, INNpulsa and Colombian news outlets.
In day two, delegates will engage with the investment (traditional and impact) and entrepreneurship ecosystem in Bogota. Delegates will be meeting with INNpulsa; Cámara de Comercio de Bogota; Social Atom; Connect Bogota; National Angel Investment Network; Agora Partnerships; Acumen Fund; Polymath Ventures; Endeavor Colombia; Promision; Investor Capital; Alta Ventures; Amerigo Ventures; 15 Colombian Tech & Social Entrepreneurs; LGT Ventures; Blue Haven Initiative; and others.
After a morning meeting with Luis Guillermo Plata Paez, delegates will be heading to Medellin to meet with local investors and hear pitches from local entrepreneurs, held at the Latin Americans Equity and Venture Capital Association [LAVCA].
The last day of the delegation will be dedicated to the training of aspiring VC and Angels investors in Medellin. Hosted by LAVCA, this will include action oriented 'speed dating' between local and US investors. Delegates will be meeting with Velum Ventures; Inventure; Fondo Inversiones EPM; Taurus Capital; high net-worth individuals; Capitalia; and Promotora.
For more information or to join the delegation, please contact Rachel Samuelson at 202.736.2294 or at email@example.com