Putting the Pieces in Place: Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Schools' Teacher Evaluation System
The two top priorities in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Public Schools' Strategic Plan 2014 Teaching Our Way to the Top are: focusing on equitable instruction district-wide, and creating a performance-oriented culture based on continuous improvement and accountability for results.
- Target use of teacher performance data
- Engage a broad group of stakeholders in the schools – especially teachers, in the system, and in the community
- track implementation with monitoring, feedback surveys and other oversight
- build and adapt the system based on data collected
- shift the district’s focus from managing the amount of money and services provided to schools to focusing on student achievement and graduation rate