50 Years of Conservation in Africa
The Aspen Institute and the African Wildlife Foundation are delighted to announce our 2011 Africa seminar 50 Years of Conservation in Africa. Based on the success of our 2008 inaugural seminar and wildlife safari, as seen here, http://www.youtube.com/user/aspentoafrica, the journey will begin with introductory sessions in Johannesburg. We then fly to Singita Game Reserves, one of the world’s most exclusive private safari destinations, where we have reserved two luxury lodges for four nights. (Conde Nast Traveler has twice ranked Singita a perfect 100 in its annual “The Best in the World” listings, a distinction only achieved by one other destination). You may visit www.singita.com for more information. We will enhance the experience by inviting a variety of guest speakers and participants from the ranks of Africa's leading scientists and civic leaders.
Rates for the trip are all inclusive and will include:
- Opening reception at the Hyatt.
- Two nights at the Hyatt in Johannesburg.
- Transportation and admission to the Apartheid Museum.
- Specially planned lunches and dinners with special guests - at this time we have confirmed the participation of former Tanzanian President Benjamin Mkapa and will be adding additional guest during the coming months.
- Transfers to and from the airport for our trip to Singita.
- Four days at the world renowned Singita Resort - all inclusive - all meals, drinks, two daily game drives and other special events at Singita.
- Seminar readings.
- Moderated roundtable discussions.
- Presentations from wildlife specialist.
- Transfers back to the Hyatt upon arrival from Singita.
To register for the trip online, please visit:
If you would like to print and mail the registration, please download the registration form at the above website by clicking on the words “registration form” at the top of the page. The words are hyperlinked to the registration form in PDF format.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Donna Horney by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (202) 736-5835. We hope you will be able to join us, and look forward to seeing you in February 2011.