Vanguard Chapter Benefits
The Vanguard Chapter of the Society of Fellows provides younger donors the opportunity to engage in inspiring and stimulating conversation with like-minded peers, while being a part of the Society of Fellows, an established and respected group of engaged Institute supporters. The Vanguard Chapter is committed to the value of networking among contemporaries and engagement with the people and ideas that are shaping the future. Members' contributions help sustain the Institute’s mission - to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues - as well as expanding the Institute’s programs and ensuring its future.
Members will enjoy all of the following:
1) Exclusive Vanguard Chapter Programming
• 4 annual programs hosted exclusively for Vanguard members.
• Programs feature a speaker or panel format with discussion or Q&A.
• Events are held at the Aspen Institute or hosted in a private residence.
2) Society of Fellows Benefits
• SOF Symposia: Opportunity to enroll in or audit 2-3-day symposia courses in Aspen, CO; moderated by leading scholars; symposia offered 6-8 times throughout the year.
• SOF Discussions, Receptions, and Programs: Access to dozens of SOF invitation-only events and programs with thought-provoking and renowned speakers throughout the year held in Aspen, CO; Washington, DC; and New York, NY.
• Invitations to Special Events: Invitations to attend special events and receptions, programs, and benefit dinners in Aspen, CO, Washington, DC, and New York, NY throughout the year.
• SOF Reservations Hotline: Access to a dedicated line for e-mail and telephone requests.
3) Access to Aspen Institute Programming
• Special Access to Institute Public Events: Priority access to reserved tickets for distinguished series featuring world-class thinkers and leaders; including the Gildenhorn Book Series (Washington, DC), the Tisch Leadership Series (New York, NY), and McCloskey Speaker Series and Hurst Lecture Series (Aspen, CO).
• Socrates Seminars: Opportunity to attend 2 weekend-long sessions in Aspen, CO designed as a forum for emerging leaders and led by expert moderators; additional offerings in cities around the country.
• Aspen Ideas Festival/Washington Ideas Forum/New York Ideas: Opportunity to register early for these flagship programs hosted in cooperation with the Atlantic Magazine, as well as other public forums such as the Aspen Security Forum, the Aspen Health Forum, and the Aspen Environment Forum.
• Additional Programs: Opportunity to attend the Great Books Series, Community Great Ideas Seminar, Great Decisions Series, and Aspen Writers’ Foundation Winter Words and Summer Words Literary Festivals, all in Aspen, CO.
4) Additional Benefits and Privileges
• Subscription to the following publications: The Aspen Idea (the magazine of the Aspen Institute, published biannually), What’s New at the Aspen Institute (bi-monthly e-newsletter), SOF Newsletter (circulated monthly), and SOF E-updates (circulated weekly for summertime Aspen, CO events).
• Special, year-round 20% discount at Plato’s Restaurant on the Aspen Meadows campus in Aspen, CO.
Membership / Structure
Membership levels are $650 for an individual and $1,000 for a couple. Vanguard Chapter members generally includes those 45 and under, who join over 1,200 Society of Fellows donors around the country who contribute between $2,500 and $50,000 annually.
For information on membership, please contact Patrick Kelly at the Society of Fellows office in Aspen, CO at (970) 544-7924, or email@example.com.
The Vanguard Chapter Advisory Board serves as ambassadors between the Aspen Institute and our donors, as well as provides the program with support, direction and strategic advancement.
The 2013 Vanguard Chapter Advisory Board members are:
Lauren Elston, Chair
Melony Lewis, Vice Chair
William M. Budinger