Cumberland Lodge and the Aspen Institute have joined in partnership to offer a new seminar on leadership and civil society. Building on the programming and convening strengths of two venerable organizations committed to thoughtful dialogue and action in support of a better future, the seminar asks fundamental questions facing the US, UK and other Western democracies:
• What are the challenges facing a civil and democratic society?
• What are the cultural components of civil society?
• How do democratic institutions best renew themselves?
• What are the values—and tensions among those values— undergirding civil society in the UK?
• How do these values align with or differ from the values of continental Europe and the United States?
• What is the future of democracy in the UK? In continental Europe? In the United States?
• What qualities of leadership are required for the renewal of civil society and democratic institutions?
The seminar is aimed at leaders from business, government, civil service, the arts, NGOs, charities and academia. Guided in discussion by Aspen Institute trained moderators, participants use short selections from classic and contemporary authors so they may learn from each other and from some of the greatest thinkers of all time.
Participants will enjoy the beautiful rooms and glorious seclusion of Cumberland Lodge, a former royal residence at the heart of Windsor Great Park.
Seminar Date: 19 – 22 May 2020
Seminar Fee: GBP: 5,450 / USD: 6,540*
Seminar Location: Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park, UK
*(USD amount approximate and based on daily exchange rate)