Panelists will highlight strategies to strengthen local talent pipelines and improve access to quality employment.
WASHINGTON – The Aspen Institute and the U.S. Department of Commerce will host an afternoon panel discussion, highlighting key lessons from their Communities that Work Partnership, a 15-month joint initiative to document and accelerate the development of employer-led workforce efforts across the country.
Full details and registration information for the event is available here: https://www.aspeninstitute.org/events/communities-work-partnership-talent-development-good-jobs-strong-economies/
Seven competitively-selected sites – in Arizona, California, the District of Columbia, Georgia, New York (Buffalo region and NYC), and Texas – participated in a learning exchange that bridged economic and workforce development to strengthen local talent pipelines and improve access to quality employment.
U.S. Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker will deliver opening remarks and unveil a playbook for communities throughout the country to advance their own workforce development initiatives. The afternoon panel discussion will feature leaders from the Aspen Institute, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and the regional site teams to share their accomplishments and lessons learned. Speakers also will review strategies implemented across the partnerships, as documented in the playbook to be released at the event.
Press are welcome to attend. The program will be livestreamed from commerce.gov. Join the conversation live via Twitter at @CommerceGov.
Your coverage is invited
- The Honorable Penny Pritzker, US Secretary of Commerce
- Walter Isaacson, President and CEO, The Aspen Institute
- The Honorable Jay Williams, US Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Economic Development
- Joe McKinney, Executive Director of National Association of Development Organizations
- Maureen Conway, Vice President for Policy Programs, The Aspen Institute and Executive Director, Economic Opportunities Program
- Peter Beard, Senior Vice President for Regional Workforce Development, Greater Houston Partnership
- Elizabeth Callahan, Workforce Development Manager, Buffalo Niagara Partnership
- Adam Ortiz, Director, Prince George’s County Department of the Environment
WHEN: Tuesday, November 29, 2016, 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm EST
WHERE: Herbert C. Hoover Department of Commerce Building, 1401 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20230
EDITOR’S NOTE: Advanced registration is required by Nov. 23. To register, please email: [email protected]