All talks to be streamed live, Follow the Forum online and across social media
The Aspen Institute
(202) 669-2333 | [email protected]
Aspen, CO, July 25, 2016 – CIA Director John Brennan, Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, US Special Envoy for Syria Michael Ratney, Commander of US Central Command Joseph Votel, Facebook Head of Global Policy Management Monika Bickert, and Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIL Brett McGurk are among the more than 80 speakers to join the 2016 Aspen Security Forum, which runs from July 27-July 30. At this pivotal juncture in US and global politics– an unprecedented presidential election, new terror threats at home as order in the Middle East continues to crumble, and the global ripple felt by Brexit — the experts and decision-makers at the center of international security will engage in candid conversations on the most pressing issues of the day.
Topics to be discussed at the Forum include Russia’s global influence, terrorism in Africa and the Middle East, the European migration crisis, cybersecurity threats, recent terror attacks across the globe, and ongoing threats posed by North Korea, Syria, and China. A complete agenda is available at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org/agenda.
All events will be streamed live at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org/live. If you would like to broadcast any events live or have access to footage after an event, be in touch with Douglas Farrar by email at [email protected]
For those not able to attend in person, there are a variety of ways to join in on the Aspen Security Forum conversation online. Ways to engage with the Forum include:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenSecurity and tweet your thoughts using #AspenSecurity.
- Facebook: Like us and follow along at facebook.com/AspenInstitute.
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and videos, plus show us your point of view using #AspenSecurity. instagram.com/AspenInstitutecom/AspenInstitute
- Snapchat: Find us on Snapchat at “aspeninstitute” and check out behind-the-scenes, exclusive video content
- YouTube: Subscribe to watch highlights from your favorite discussions or catch full sessions you missed. youtube.comcom/AspenInstitute
- Periscope: Follow the Aspen Institute for behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with speakers throughout the week by downloading the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- Website: Video, audio, and transcripts from Aspen Security Forum can be viewed at http://www.aspensecurityforum.org.
Sponsors for the 2016 Aspen Security Forum are IBM, Intel Security, iSIGHT Partners, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and Target.
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.