Follow the Festival online and across social media platforms.
FOR ALL INQUIRIES
The Aspen Institute
(202) 669-2333 | [email protected]
FOR INQUIRIES RELATED TO THE ATLANTIC
(202) 266-7338 | [email protected]
Aspen, CO, June 22, 2017 – Former US Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates, US Secretary of Health and Human Services Tom Price, Arizona Governor Doug Ducey (R), GE Chairman and CEO Jeff Immelt, Former US Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power, Li Ka Shing Chancellor’s Chair in Biomedical and Health Sciences at the University of California Berkeley Jennifer Doudna, Artist Jeff Koons, “The Late Show” Bandleader Jon Batiste, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci, Saturday Night Live Actors and Writers Michael Che and Colin Jost, and Senator Cory Booker D-NJ are among the more than 300 speakers to join the 2017 Aspen Ideas Festival and Spotlight Health, presented by the Aspen Institute and its partner The Atlantic, which runs from June 22-July 1. At this pivotal juncture in US and global affairs the leaders and decision-makers at the center of it all will engage in candid conversations on the most pressing issues of the day.
Spotlight Health kicks off today, June 22 and will feature conversations on the cutting-edge health issues of our time. The Festival begins June 25 and will feature many topics, such areas as American identity, global affairs, genetics, reimagining the Internet, climate change, artificial intelligence, the arts, creativity, morality, and more. A complete agenda for both is available at AspenIdeas.org and on the Festival mobile app.
To inquire about video coverage, please be in touch with Douglas Farrar by email at [email protected]
For those not able to attend in person, there are a variety of ways to join in on the Aspen Ideas Festival conversation online. A feature of this year’s Festival, The Atlantic and the Aspen Institute will host daily interactive Facebook Live discussions with many of the Festival’s most interesting speakers. Other ways to engage with the Festival include:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenIdeas and @AtlanticLIVE, and tweet your thoughts using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas.
- Facebook: Like us at com/AspenIdeas and Facebook.com/TheAtlantic, and follow Facebook.com/AtlanticLIVE and Facebook.com/AspenInstitute.
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and videos, plus show us your point of view using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas. com/AspenInstitute and Instagram.com/AtlanticLive
- Snapchat: Find us on Snapchat at “aspeninstitute” and check out behind-the-scenes, exclusive video content
- YouTube: Subscribe to watch highlights from your favorite discussions or catch full sessions you missed. com/AspenInstitute and YouTube.com/AtlanticLIVEvideo
- LinkedIn: Get advice from speakers, hear from leading Institute experts, and more on the official LinkedIn Aspen Ideas Festival channel: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/channel/aspenideas
- Reddit: Ask our speakers anything during our AMAs with Festival speakers. Look for notifications of AMAs on twitter @AspenIdeas
- Periscope: Follow the Aspen Institute and Atlantic Live for behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with speakers throughout the week by downloading the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- Podcasts: Listen to memorable moments from the Festival with the Aspen Ideas To Go podcast. http://as.pn/ideastogo
- Websites: Video, audio, and transcripts from Aspen Ideas can be viewed at aspenideas.org and select sessions will also be made available on www.theatlantic.com/live.
Broadcast outlets that are planning to report from the Festival include the following (watch for local listings and airtimes): CNBC’s “Squawk Box” and “Squawk Alley,” CNN’s “Fareed Zakaria GPS,” MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports” and “Hardball with Chris Matthews”, PBS NewsHour, WAMU’s “1A with Joshua Johnson,” Sirius XM’s “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick” on channel 121 and “Aspen Institute Radio” on channel 121, CGTN America, Minnesota Public Radio, and Aspen Public Radio.
Several podcasts will also be recording episodes in front of live audiences at the Aspen Ideas Festival. Those podcasts are NPR’s “Hidden Brain” with Shankar Vedantam, “Pod Save America” with Jon Lovett, Jon Favreau, and Tommy Vietor, “Pod Save the World” with Tommy Vietor, and “In The Thick” with Maria Hinojosa. Stay tuned for these special live episodes in the days and weeks after the Festival.
Presenting underwriters for 2017 Aspen Ideas Festival are Allstate, Bank of America, Comcast NBCUniversal, McKinsey & Company, Mount Sinai Health System, Paul E. Singer Foundation, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Southern Company, Toyota, and Walton Family Foundation. Supporting underwriters are EY, Microsoft, Nestlé Waters North America, and Pearson. CA Technologies, Facebook, Love Your Melon, PBS, Rockefeller Foundation, Skoll Foundation, Standard Industries, The Nature Conservancy, and The Wonderful Company are contributing underwriters.
Presenting underwriters for the 2017 Aspen Ideas Festival Spotlight Health are America’s Biopharmaceutical Companies, Care.com, Merck for Mothers, Mount Sinai Health System, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and The SCAN Foundation. Supporting underwriters are, Brigham Health, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Children’s National Health System, City of Hope National Medical Center, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, The Commonwealth Fund, and The Rockefeller Foundation. AARP, American Hospital Association, American Osteopathic Association, Annenberg Foundation, Caring Across Generations, Dignity Health, Infor, RTI International, and Welltower are contributing underwriters.
About the Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.
About The Atlantic
Founded in 1857 and today one of the fastest growing media platforms in the industry, The Atlantic has throughout its history championed the power of big ideas and continues to shape global debate across print, digital, events, and video platforms. With its award-winning digital presence TheAtlantic.com and CityLab.com on cities around the world, The Atlantic is a multimedia forum on the most critical issues of our times—from politics, business, urban affairs, and the economy, to technology, arts, and culture. The Atlantic was the 2016 National Magazine of the Year. Bob Cohn is President of The Atlantic and Jeffrey Goldberg is Editor in Chief.