Announcing the 2017 Class of Henry Crown Fellows at the Aspen Institute
Contact: Martha Lange
Program Manager, Henry Crown Fellowship Program
(805) 962-9412 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC, March 1, 2017 –– The Aspen Institute today announced its 2017 Class of Henry Crown Fellows. The Henry Crown Fellowship mobilizes a new breed of leaders, all under the age of 45, to tackle the world’s most intractable problems. All are proven entrepreneurs, mostly from the world of business, who have reached a point in their lives where, having achieved success, they are ready to apply their creative talents and skill sets to building a better society.
Henry Crown Fellows spend four weeks over the course of two years in structured retreat – exploring their leadership, their core values, their vision for a “Good Society” and their desired legacies. But the Fellowship is not just about reflection. It is also about action: Each Fellow launches a new Venture that will stretch them and have a positive impact on their communities, their country, or the world.
“We are especially delighted with this year’s class of Henry Crown Fellows, the 21st since the Fellowship was founded,” said Peter Reiling, executive director of the program. “For society, they represent a potent force of talent, ready to focus their energies on some of the greatest challenges of our times. For them, they are embarking on a personal journey—a journey ‘from success to significance’—that will change their lives forever. I know. I’m a Henry Crown Fellow too.”
Photos and bios are available at: http://as.pn/crown2017
The Henry Crown Fellows for 2017 are:
- Mahfuz Ahmed, Founder, CEO and Chairman, Digital Intelligence Systems Corporation, McLean, VA.
- Brian Bannon, Commissioner and CEO, Chicago Public Library, Chicago, IL.
- Gerald Beeson, Chief Operating Officer, Citadel LLC, Chicago, IL.
- Tracy Britt Cool, Chief Executive Officer, Pampered Chef, Berkshire Hathaway, Chicago, IL.
- Jeni Britton Bauer, Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams, Columbus, OH.
- Ethan Brown, Founder and CEO, Beyond Meat, El Segundo, CA.
- Marcelo Camberos, Founder and CEO, ipsy, San Mateo, CA.
- Wences Casares, Founder and CEO, Xapo, Palo Alto, CA.
- Carolyn Everson, VP, Global Marketing Solutions, Facebook, New York, NY.
- Nathaniel Fick, Chief Executive Officer, Endgame, Inc., Washington, DC.
- Morgan Flatley, SVP and CMO, PepsiCo Global Nutrition, PepsiCo, Chicago, IL.
- Tafa Jefferson, Co-Founder and CEO, Amada Senior Care, San Clemente, CA.
- Stephanie McMahon, Chief Brand Officer, WWE, Inc., Stamford, CT.
- Doug Moorehead, President and Chief Technology Officer, FlexGen, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Matthew Mullenweg, Founder, WordPress; Co-Founder and CEO, Automattic, Houston, TX.
- Kim Newton, VP, Corporate Strategy & Business Development, Hallmark Cards, Inc., Leawood, KS.
- Todd Park, former Chief Technology Officer, The White House, Los Altos Hills, CA.
- Bozoma Saint John, Head of Globa712l Consumer Marketing, Apple Music & iTunes, Apple, Culver City, CA.
- Lily Sarafan, Chief Executive Officer, Home Care Assistance, San Francisco, CA.
- Michael Smith, Co-Anchor, SportsCenter, ESPN, Farmington, CT.
- Tina Wells, Founder and CEO, Buzz Marketing Group, Haddonfield, NJ.
The Henry Crown Fellowship Program was established in 1997 to honor the life and career of Chicago industrialist Henry Crown (1896-1990) and was initially funded by the Henry and Gladys Crown Charitable Trust Fund. The Fellowship is the flagship program within the Aspen Global Leadership Network. For more information, visit http://aspeninstitute.org/crown.
The Aspen Global Leadership Network (AGLN) is a growing, worldwide community of entrepreneurial leaders from business, government and the nonprofit sector — currently, more than 2,400 Fellows from 53 countries — who share a commitment to enlightened leadership and to using their extraordinary creativity, energy and resources to tackle the foremost societal challenges of our times. All share the common experience of participating in the Henry Crown Fellowship or one of the 17 Aspen Institute leadership initiatives it has inspired in the United States, Africa, Central America, India, the Middle East and China. For more information, visit http://agln.aspeninstitute.org/home.
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.