Namita Khasat is a versatile, driven C-suite executive who masterfully blends sound people skills with broad business acumen to provide strategic business leadership in industries facing dynamic or volatile environments. Her executive career reflects a demonstrative track record of financial and operational leadership in diverse industries leading successful medium and large-scale transformative initiatives, operationalizing mergers, optimizing financial management strategies in complex regional, domestic, and international operations. She also brings governance experience through her executive liaison role on various Board Committees including finance, audit, real estate, compensation, compliance, and investment.
She currently serves on four Boards. Democracy Works board which strives to upgrade the infrastructure of our democracy, where she is the Board Chair and member of its Finance & Audit Committee. VirgilHR, a SaaS solution C-Corp that leverages AI (Artificial Intelligence) to automate employment law and HR regulatory requirements where she is an Advisory Board member. BonfireDW, a youth focused C-Corp driving digital balance optimization where she is an Advisory Board member. Service Year Alliance Board, which strives to create national service year expectation and opportunity for all young Americans, where she serves as the Chair of the Finance & Audit Committee.
For her current position she was sought out by the globally renowned Aspen Institute and selected by CEO Walter Isaacson, as the EVP of Finance and Administration, Corporate Treasurer and CFO. She was appointed to this new role in October 2015 to lead the new Finance and Administration Division to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of financial, investment, audit, human resources, conference centers, real estate, legal and technology functions for mission impact. She identified the need and led expansion into enterprise risk management (ERM) and cybersecurity, established a financial sustainable corporate governance model and Chairs the Institute Retirement Committee for 1100 plan participants that she formed for enhanced fiduciary oversight.
Namita earned her Master’s in Financial and Computer management at the University of Delaware. Prior to that she had a master’s in organizational development at Osmania University with top rank and gold medal. In addition to two masters’ degrees, she holds a Certificate of Executive Leadership from Georgetown University.
Namita is married to Nick Khasat, a PhD Polymer Scientist who is a (retd) Business Development manager for Arkema, a French company with large global operations. Together they have two sons: Dr. Vikram Khasat, a radiologist who is married to Elena; together they have a son, Lincoln Thomas and a daughter, Isla Grace. Vivek Khasat, their younger son, is Regional Director at SEI Investments and married to Lina.
BOARD LEADERSHIP AND HONORS:
- Board Chair and Finance/Audit Committee member of Democracy Works
- Advisory Board member, VirgilHR
- Advisory Board member, BonfireDW
- Director and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee of Service Year Alliance
- Former Director and Treasurer for Medstar VNA, Medstar Medical Services, Medstar VNA Foundation
- Former Director and Treasurer– Indo American Association of Delaware
- Featured speaker at National VNAA conference
- Panel speaker at regional finance, leadership technology enhancer conferences
- Delaware Judge, Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award
- Member, Greater Philadelphia Senior Executive Group
- President Award winner for 2003 – Medstar Home health
- Health System CEO elected member in 2004 Executive Development Inaugural Class – Medstar Health System
- The Muriel E. Gilman Woman in Action Mentor -2014