The Aspen Executive Seminar helps leaders answer the question, What does it mean to lead and live wisely for a good society? Our premises:
- leadership begins with self-leadership—we cannot lead others unless we can lead ourselves;
- the decisions we make are never purely economic or technical, but moral—we need time and space to clarify and test our values;
- wisdom is the capacity to make tradeoffs among competing goods—we must understand the tensions among the values that drive choices in a globalizing world.
For more than 65 years, the Aspen Executive Seminar has convened small groups of 18-20 accomplished leaders from across sectors and throughout the world for challenging, facilitated, text-based dialogue. The seminar’s highly immersive, dynamic learning experience creates a space personal and professional development which aims to help leaders become more self-aware and more self-correcting.
“As a CEO, taking time to sharpen the saw is critical. The Aspen Executive Seminar is the best whetstone out there.” —Reed Hastings, Founder and CEO, Netflix
Click here to find out more about typical Aspen Executive Seminar participant and what they’re saying about the experience.
2018 Aspen Executive Seminar Dates
March 10-16, Aspen, CO │ April 7-13, Aspen, CO │April 28-May 4, Wye River, MD
May 19-25, Wye River, MD │June 2-8, Aspen, CO │August 18-24, Aspen, CO
September 22-28, Aspen, CO│October 13-19, Wye River, MD
Cost to attend in 2018:
All costs include lodging, meals, group events, materials and transportation to and from the closest airport. Airfare is not included; early flight booking is strongly recommended.
- Full participant = $11,350
- Participating spouse/guest = $9,850 (shared room, full participation in all seminar events)
- Auditing spouse/guest = $6,000 (shared room, full auditing privileges, all meals)
- Accompanying spouse/guest = $2,550 (shared room, all meals)
If you would like to bring a guest, please contact Kalissa Hendrickson for additional registration instructions.
To learn more about the Aspen Institute Executive Leadership Department, and to see our other seminar offerings, visit our homepage.