Aspen IFS, together with two New York City agencies and a local community development credit union, organized a press conference in honor of America Saves Week, a nationwide campaign to raise awareness about saving, reducing debt, and building wealth.
At the press conference, which took place at 11:00AM on February 25th, 2008 at the Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union, the NYC Department of Homeless Services and NYC Department of Consumer Affairs discussed their specific programs to help low-income New Yorkers reach their financial goals. Aspen IFS, as a partner of America Saves, discussed its policy efforts on the national level, while Neighborhood Trust highlighted its financial education programs and affordable financial services designed to help Upper Manhattan residents achieve their long-term financial goals.
Speakers at the event included:
- Jonathan Mintz, Commissioner, NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
- Robert Hess, Commissioner, NYC Department of Homeless Services
- Lisa Mensah, Executive Director, Initiative on Financial Security at The Aspen Institute
- Justine Zinkin, Executive Director, Neighborhood Trust Federal Credit Union
- Elvira de la Cruz, Neighborhood Trust member since 2004