This past week Aspen Institute Radio featured highlights from some of the summer events at the Aspen Institute, including talks on the future of Republican governors, problems with President Barack Obama’s national security strategy, a conversation with US Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, and a chat with master storyteller Garrison Keillor.
Aspen Institute Radio, our two-hour radio show, airs every Saturday and Sunday on SiriusXM Insight (channel 121). Each episode dives into the topics that inform the world around us. Here in our weekly Listen Longer posts, we’ll recap each episode and show where you can read, watch, and listen to more. Don’t have SiriusXM? Try it free for a month here.
A Conversation with Republican Governors
State leaders recently gathered in Aspen, CO, for the Republican Governors Association conference and discussed their forward-looking solutions to the issues of health care, the economy, immigration, and other areas that are pressing in their states.
Aspen Institute President and CEO Walter Isaacson moderated the panel featuring Governors Nikki Haley of South Carolina, Doug Ducey of Arizona, Pat McCrory of North Carolina, and Mary Fallin of Oklahoma where they discussed the future for Republican governors.
The Chairman Speaks
At the 2015 Aspen Security Forum, Chairman of the Armed Services Committee and Arizona Sen. John McCain sat down with CBS News “60 Minutes” Correspondent Lesley Stahl and told us what’s wrong with Obama’s national security strategy.
A Conversation with Secretary Sally Jewell
As part of the Hurst Lecture Series, US Interior Secretary and former Recreation Equipment, Inc. President and CEO Sally Jewell sat down for an interview with Aspen Institute Senior Fellow Mike Boots. Jewell discussed her work in the conservation of public lands and the importance of building a connection between America’s youth and the great outdoors.
Aspen Words with Garrison Keillor
Garrison Keillor is an author, storyteller, humorist, and host of the longstanding public radio program “A Prairie Home Companion.” His presentation at the Aspen Words Annual Summer Soiree Benefit Dinner was a celebration of storytelling and the writing life replete with his signature limericks and clever sense of humor.
- Listen Longer 8/1: Issues and Leaders in Technology
- Listen Longer 7/25: Global Security
- Listen Longer 7/18: Aspen Security Forum
- Listen Longer 7/11: The 2015 Aspen Ideas Festival
- Listen Longer 6/20: The American Economy
- Listen Longer 6/6: Healthy Ideas
- Listen Longer 5/23: Memorial Day
- Listen Longer 5/16: State of Race in America
- Listen Longer 5/9: Parenting
- Listen Longer 4/25: Food Security
- Listen Longer 4/18: Income Inequality
- Listen Longer 4/11: Healing the Racial Divide
- Listen Longer 4/4: Sports
- Listen Longer 3/28: Foreign Policy
- Listen Longer 3/21: National Service
- Listen Longer 3/14: Science!
- Listen Longer 3/7: Women’s History Month
- Listen Longer 2/28: Reimagining Education
- Listen Longer 2/21: Oscars Edition
- Listen Longer 2/14: Presidents Day
- Listen Longer 2/7: Black History Month
- Listen Longer 1/31: Super Bowl Edition
- Listen Longer 1/24: State of the Union
- Listen Longer 1/17: Martin Luther King Jr. Day