Hello faithful readers! I would like to introduce you to a new segment we are unveiling here at The Impact Blog: our Weekly Impact Roundup!
The Weekly Impact Roundup will compile some of the best articles from across the web that deal with the Impact Economy and post them each Friday. So make sure to check back every Friday for your weekly dose of the Impact Economy.
As always, we hope this Blog will serve as your one-stop shop for analysis, news, and commentary on the Impact Economy.
Weekly Impact Roundup
- Fantastic video summary of the For-Benefit legislation currently working its way into law in California.
- In case you missed it from last week, Sir Ronald Cohen, the architect of the Social Impact Bond in the United Kingdom, discusses the field of impact investing in a must-read two part series. You can find Part 1 here and Part 2 here.
- A cautionary piece on how a mismatched investor/entrepreneur pair can be a negative force in the social investment world.
- What can big business learn from social entrepreneurs? Quite a lot, apparently.
- A great read on how social finance can avoid the pitfalls of microfinance.
- Of course, we would love to also give our many thanks to Sonal Shah, who will be leaving the White House shortly. Ms. Shah was the head of the White House Office on Social Innovation and Civic Participation, playing an enormous leadership role in moving the Impact Economy agenda. We are sure she will continue to be a leader in this space even outside of government.