Access to Capital for D.C. Innovators is a half-day forum hosted by the Aspen Institute Center for Urban Innovation and Project 500 which aims to shed light on strategies to expand access to capital for aspiring local entrepreneurs, especially those who have been underserved and overlooked, such as women and people of color. The event will strengthen connections between local actors, help us learn from practitioners across the country, and explore access to capital challenges and opportunities.
- Marla Bilonick, Executive Director, Latino Economic Development Center
- Jennifer Bradley, Director, Center for Urban Innovation, The Aspen Institute
- Melissa L. Bradley, Director &Founder, Project 500
- Mckeever (Mac) Conwell, Director of Minority Business Pre-seed Fund, TEDCO
- Shawn Escoffery, Program Director, Strong Local Economies, Surdna Foundation
- John Gavigan, Executive Director, 43North
- Patti Glaza, Managing Director, Invest Detroit
- Bernadette Harvey, Founder & President, Pink Utility
- Monica H. Kang, Founder & CEO, InnovatorsBox®
- Joyce Klein, Director, FIELD, Aspen Institute Economic Opportunities Program
- Pamela Lewis, Director, New Economy Initiative
- Kimberly Y. Moore, CEO & Co-Founder, Go Together, Inc.
- Brian R. Nagendra, Assistant Director of the Catalyst Funds, Living Cities
- Janice Omadeke, CEO & Founder, The Mentor Method
- Sage Salvo, Founder & President, Words Liive
- Stefanie Thomas, Senior Associate, Investments, Impact America Fund
- Sarah Van Dell, CEO & Founder, Plum Relish
- Kia Weatherspoon, President, Determined by Design
Watch the full program below:
We are grateful to the Bank of America Charitable Foundation for its support of this event.