The Aspen Challenge—a program of the Aspen Institute founded in partnership with the Bezos Family Foundation—is teaming up with Chicago Public Schools again to implement the second Aspen Challenge: Chicagowith students and educators from 20 high schools throughout the city.
The Aspen Challenge kicks off with a daylong youth leadership development forum where teams of students and teachers will hear from leaders pioneering change to some of the world’s most pressing issues. Leading industry experts will present a challenge, urging the students to create an innovative solution. The program culminates onApril 6 when teams will present their solutions to a panel of judges. One winning team will head to the Aspen Ideas Festival inAspen, CO to present their work.
- Joan Haug, chief of staff, The Kitchen Community, a real food advocate non-profit
- LaRoyce Hawkins, actor (Chicago PD), standup comedian, motivational speaker
- Israel Idonije, retired defensive end NFL Player (Bears); founder, Israel Idonije Foundation
- Danielle Lee, outreach scientist, TED Fellow, White House Champion of Change in STEM Diversity and Access
- Reverend Michael Louis Pfleger, senior pastor, The Faith Community of Saint Sabina
- Robin Robinson, special adviser for community affairs, Chicago Police Department
- Daniel Rogers, CEO, co-founder, A.M Money, a financial lending company for young people that elevates consideration of career potential over credit history
- Bob Roth, meditation teacher; executive director, David Lynch Foundation