The Aspen Challenge—a program of the Aspen Institute founded in partnership with the Bezos Family Foundation—has teamed up with the Dallas Independent School District to implement the Aspen Challenge: Dallas with students and educators from 20 high schools throughout the city.
The Aspen Challenge kicks off with a daylong youth leadership development forum where teams of students and teachers hear from leaders pioneering change to some of the world’s most pressing issues. Leading industry experts present challenges, urging students to create innovative solutions. The eight week competition culminates on March 27 when teams present solutions to a panel of judges for a chance to present their work at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, CO.
- Greg Corbin, poet, speaker, activist, teacher, and founder & executive director of the Philly Youth Poetry Movement
- Stephanie Elizalde, chief of school leadership, Dallas ISD
- Gaby Pacheco, immigrant rights leader
- Smita Rawoot & Eric Wilson, associate directors, 100 Resilient Cities
- Michael Sorrell, president, Paul Quinn College
- Harold Green, poet, author, speaker
- Ann Kim, portfolio director, IDEO
- Chris Plutte, executive director, Global Nomads Group
- Ebony Smith, founder, Yoga N Da Hood
- Jon Boogz & Lil Buck, movement artists and co-founders of Movement Art Is