The Aspen Challenge—a program of the Aspen Institute founded in partnership with the Bezos Family Foundation—has teamed up with the School District of Philadelphia for its second Aspen Challenge: Philadelphia with students and educators from 20 high schools throughout the city.
The Aspen Challenge kicks off with a daylong youth leadership development forum where teams of students and teachers hear from leaders pioneering change to some of the world’s most pressing issues. Leading industry experts present challenges, urging students to create innovative solutions. The eight week competition culminates on April 11 when teams present solutions to a panel of judges for a chance to present their work at the Aspen Ideas Festival in Aspen, CO.
- Greg Corbin, poet, speaker, activist, teacher, and founder & executive director of the Philly Youth Poetry Movement
- Shawn Bird, chief schools officer, School District of Philadelphia
- Jane Golden, founder and executive director, Mural Arts Philadelphia
- Josh Bernstein, explorer and educator
- Zeke Emanuel, bioethicist and oncologist
- Jamila Harris-Morrison, executive director, ACHIEVEability
- Angela Duckworth, founder and CEO, Character Lab
- Jamiel Alexander, senior fellow, the Aspen Institute Forum for Community Solutions
- MK Asante, author, filmmaker, performing artist, professor