Hosted by Environmental Defense Fund, The Aspen Institute, and the Canadian Consulate in New York
In association with Climate Week NYC
The climate crisis is escalating and a new wave of environmental innovations are fighting to keep pace. A new set of technologies and practices to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere is emerging. The window of opportunity to combat climate change can be propped open by the rapid acceleration of carbon removal.
Please join us for a keynote address from former U.S. Secretary of Energy, Ernest Moniz followed by a discussion on the opportunities and challenges associated with developing and deploying carbon removal technologies. Our panel will feature leading policy experts, entrepreneurs and researchers on the front lines of this emerging field.
Breakfast at 7:30 a.m.; program at 8 a.m.
- Ernest J. Moniz, President and CEO of Energy Futures Initiative and former U.S. Secretary of Energy
- Giana Amador, Founder and Director of Special Initiatives, Carbon 180
- Etosha Cave, Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer, Opus 12
- Julio Friedmann, Senior Research Scholar, Columbia University Center for Global Energy Policy
- Steve Oldham, CEO, Carbon Engineering
- Fred Krupp, President, Environmental Defense Fund
Kindly RSVP by September 13th to Leona Madison at email@example.com