Click Here to order Futures of School Reform
How might we re-envision our school system to make it more just, equitable, and higher performing? Most approaches to school reform today tinker with the existing system, but what if it is the system itself that is the problem? At this special event, the nationally known authors of the recently published The Futures of School Reform will argue that reformers across the spectrum are not thinking big enough, and instead outline six pathways for remaking American schooling. Join us for a provocative and highly interactive discussion about the future of our schools!
- Richard Elmore, Gregory R. Anrig Professor of Educational Leadership and Director, Doctor of Education Leadership Program, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Frederick Hess, Resident Scholar and Director of Education Policy Studies, American Enterprise Institute
- Helen Janc Malone, Advanced Doctoral Student, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Jal Mehta, Assistant Professor of Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Terry Moe, William Bennett Munro Professor of Political Science, Stanford University and Senior Fellow, Hoover Institution
- Robert Schwartz, Francis Keppel Professor of Practice of Educational Policy and Administration, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Heather Harding, Vice President of Research, Teach for America
- Andrew Rotherham, Co-Founder and Partner, Bellwether Education
- Ross Wiener, VP and Executive Director, Education & Society Program, The Aspen Institute
Coffee and breakfast pastries are available at 9:30am; panel will begin promptly at 10:00am.
How might we re-envision our school system to make it more just, equitable, and higher performing?