Serving as a community college president is a hard job—and it’s even harder for those trying to advance an ambitious student success agenda. To support these leaders, we have added a new initiative to the Aspen Presidential Fellowship for Community College Excellence: the New Presidents Fellowship.
Each year, Aspen selects 25 exceptional leaders in the first five years of a college presidency for this intensive executive leadership program, in which participants:
- Participate in two seminars led by Aspen Institute faculty and top community college professionals
- Deeply analyze their colleges’ student outcomes in a focused, comprehensive way
- Devise concrete plans to tackle student success challenges with structured support
- Join a network of forward-thinking peers who support and challenge one another in pursuit of broad change
- Engage in learning between sessions that includes peer consultancy, webinars, and mentorship