A lunchtime dialogue discussing social and economic development in the Palestinian Authority area and the role of the private sector. Contributing to these efforts are ventures such as Partners for a New Beginning (PNB), a public-private partnership for which the Aspen Institute serves as Secretariat.
PNB is chaired by Former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright, Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company Muhtar Kent, and Aspen Institute CEO and President Walter Isaacson. PNB is an assembled group of American leaders committed to building public-private partnerships in Muslim communities around the world, with specific focus on private sector developments within Palestine. Select panelists will address the PNB opportunity in greater detail.
- Mr. Zahi Khouri, Chief Executive Officer, National Beverage Company in Ramallah, Palestine
- Ambassador Maen Areikat, Chief Representative of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, General Delegation of the PLO to the United States
- Mr. Robert Mosbacher Jr., Former President and CEO of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) and Chairman, Mosbacher Energy Company
- Dr. Sabri Saidam, Founding Partner, Palestinian Education for Employment Foundation
- Mr. Hashim Shawa, Chairman and General Manager, Bank of Palestine
Moderated by Jane Nelson, Director of the Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative, Harvard Kennedy School
Photos from the event: