Parents and families are experts in their own lives and they are best positioned to give insight on their needs and challenges, as well as provide feedback to policymakers and service providers. Their voice is even more critical now as we are responding to the ever changing environment caused by the current pandemic. During this webinar, we discussed ways to maintain and strengthen feedback loops that keep parent voice at the forefront of policy discussions and service delivery practices in this new world of social distancing and virtual programming.
- Betsy Delgado, Ascend Fellow and Vice President of Mission and Education Initiatives, Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana
- Katie Reigelsperger, Parent, Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana
- Melvette Hill, Policy and Partnership Consultant, National Parent Leadership Institute
- Yukiyo Iida, Parent, National Parent Leadership Institute
- Fran Sykes, President, Pascale Sykes Foundation
- Heather and Ken Crotty, Parents, United Advocacy Group
The webinar was moderated by Sarah Haight, associate director for network and outreach at Ascend at the Aspen Institute, and Eddy Encinales, program associate at Ascend at the Aspen Institute.