A year ago, CCSSO and the Aspen Institute Education & Society Program joined together to publish Leading for Equity: Opportunities for State Education Chiefs. Today, we are proud to recognize states that have made significant progress against these Leading for Equity commitments. At this event, we will celebrate states’ progress and look forward to the challenging work that remains. We hope you will join us for this important conversation as well as the release of a new publication States Leading for Equity: Promising Practices Advancing the Equity Commitments.
Speakers will include:
- Pedro Rivera, Secretary of Education, Pennsylvania
- Kirsten Baesler, Superintendent of Public Instruction, North Dakota
- Tony Smith, State Superintendent of Education, Illinois
- Lillian Lowery, Education Trust
- Gerard Robinson, Center for Advancing Opportunity
- Elizabeth Olsson, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund