Contact: Jeff Harris
Senior Public Affairs & Social Media Coordinator
The Aspen Institute
Speakers include Education Secretary Arne Duncan, former NYC Schools
Chancellor Joel Klein, and former Fed. Chairman Alan Greenspan
(January 20-21, 2011)
What: The Aspen Institute presents the ‘Education Innovation Forum and Expo: Leveraging i3 to Drive an Innovation Culture.’ The forum and expo will connect the nation’s most thoughtful educational leaders, influencers, and problem solvers with those searching to support or implement solutions to the nation’s biggest challenges. The event will capitalize on the momentum created by the tremendous response to the Investing in Innovation Fund (i3) to ignite a broader national drive to create and sustain an innovation culture in public education.
For an agenda, exhibitor list, and more details, please visit: www.edinnovation.org.
When: January 20-21, 2011
Where: Washington Convention Center, Exhibit Hall C – 801 Mt. Vernon Place, NW, Washington, DC
- Arne Duncan, secretary of education, US Department of Education
- Melody Barnes, director of the domestic policy council, The White House
- Joel Klein, executive vice president, News Corporation
- Stacey Childress, deputy director of education, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Paul Pastorek, state superintendent of education, Louisiana
- Alan Greenspan, former chairman, Federal Reserve
- Carlos Watson, managing director, Goldman Sachs
- John Katzman, CEO 2tor, Inc.
- Adarsh Sarma, managing director, Warburg Pincus
- Barry O’Callaghan, CEO, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Kim Smith, CEO, Bellwether Education Partners
- Ed Amoroso, chief security officer, AT&T
- Tom Vander Ark, managing partner, Learn Capital
- Michael Moe, co-founder, NeXt Advisors
- Marc Ecko, CEO, Ecko Enterprises
- Jim Shelton, assistant deputy secretary for innovation and improvement, US Department of Education
- Suzanne Biegel, CEO, Investors’ Circle
- Aneesh Chopra, federal chief technology officer, White House Office of Science and Technology
- Marguerite Kling, social studies teacher, Nature Coast Technical High School, Brooksville, FL
EDITORS’ NOTE: A limited number of press passes are available. For more information and to apply, please visit:
Underwriters for the Forum and Expo include AT&T, Goldman Sachs, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, News Corporation, Scholastic, Stupski Foundation, College Board, and Warburg Pincus.
The Aspen Institute mission is twofold: to foster values-based leadership, encouraging individuals to reflect on the ideals and ideas that define a good society, and to provide a neutral and balanced venue for discussing and acting on critical issues. The Aspen Institute does this primarily in four ways: seminars, young-leader fellowships around the globe, policy programs, and public conferences and events. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also has an international network of partners.