Limited press credentials available; follow the Festival online and across social media platforms.
FOR ALL INQUIRIES
The Aspen Institute
(202) 321-8158/[email protected]
FOR INQUIRIES RELATED TO THE ATLANTIC
(202) 680-3848/[email protected]
Aspen, CO, June 22, 2016 – Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry, Attorney General Loretta Lynch, Former Governor Mitt Romney, Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Matthews Burwell, National Security Advisor Susan Rice, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella, and Facebook CPO Chris Cox, are among the more than 300 speakers to join the 2016 Aspen Ideas Festival and Spotlight Health, which runs from June 23-July 2. At this pivotal juncture in US and global politics– an unprecedented presidential election, a possible “Brexit,” new terror threats at home as order in the Middle East continues to crumble– the leaders and decision-makers at the center of it all will engage in candid conversations on the most pressing issues of the day.
Spotlight Health kicks off June 23 and will feature conversations on the cutting-edge health issues of our times. The Festival begins June 26 and will feature ten topic tracks, diving into such areas as the 2016 elections, national security, reimagining capitalism, crime and punishment, sex in America, the future of food, and the changing landscape of higher education. A complete agenda for both is available at AspenIdeas.org.
A limited number of press passes are still available. To apply, please fill out the form here: http://www.aspenideas.org/festival/press. To inquire about video coverage, please be in touch with Douglas Farrar by email at [email protected]
For those not able to attend in person, there are a variety of ways to join in on the Aspen Ideas Festival conversation online. A feature of this year’s Festival, The Atlantic and the Aspen Institute will host daily interactive Facebook Live discussions with many of the Festival’s most interesting speakers. Other ways to engage with the Festival include:
- Twitter: Follow @AspenIdeas and @Atlantic_LIVE, and tweet your thoughts using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas. (Spotlight Health will run from June 23-26 and the Aspen Ideas Festival will take place June 26-July 2.)
- Facebook: Like us at com/AspenIdeas and Facebook.com/TheAtlantic, and follow Facebook.com/AtlanticLIVE and Facebook.com/AspenInstitute.
- Instagram: See our behind-the-scenes photos and videos, plus show us your point of view using #SpotlightHealth and #AspenIdeas. com/AspenInstitute and Instagram.com/AtlanticLive
- Snapchat: Find us on Snapchat at “aspeninstitute” and check out behind-the-scenes, exclusive video content
- YouTube: Subscribe to watch highlights from your favorite discussions or catch full sessions you missed. com/AspenInstitute and YouTube.com/AtlanticLIVEvideo
- LinkedIn: Get advice from speakers, hear from leading Institute experts, and more on the official LinkedIn Aspen Ideas Festival channel: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/channel/aspenideas
- Reddit: Ask our speakers anything during our AMAs with Festival speakers. Look for notifications of AMAs on twitter @AspenIdeas
- Periscope: Follow the Aspen Institute and Atlantic Live for behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with speakers throughout the week by downloading the Periscope app on your mobile device.
- Podcasts: Listen to memorable moments from the Festival with the Aspen Ideas To Go podcast. http://as.pn/ideastogo
- Websites: Video, audio, and transcripts from Aspen Ideas can be viewed at aspenideas.org and select sessions will also be made available on www.theatlantic.com/live.
Throughout Spotlight Health and the Aspen Ideas Festival, The Atlantic’s reporters will be providing insight and analysis of Festival topics, ideas, and speakers in its annual “Ideas Report” at TheAtlantic.com. Copies of The Atlantic’s new July/August 2016 magazine issue, online now, will be available throughout the campus. The issue is led by the cover story, “How American Politics Went Insane,” an exploration into the upheaval of U.S. politics.
Other media outlets currently planning to report and present from the Festival include the following (watch for local listings and airtimes): CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Bloomberg TV, PBS’s “Point Taken” with Carlos Watson, Sirius XM’s “Stand Up! with Pete Dominick” on channel 121, “The Perri Peltz Show” on channel 109, and “Aspen Institute Radio” on channel 121, CCTV America, Minnesota Public Radio, and Aspen Public Radio.
Presenting underwriters for the 2016 Aspen Ideas Festival are Allstate, Booz Allen Hamilton, Comcast NBCUniversal, Mount Sinai Health System, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Southern Company, Toyota, U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management, and Walton Family Foundation. Supporting Level underwriters are the American Federation of Teachers, Consumer Reports, EY, Monsanto, Pearson and the Rockefeller Foundation. PBS is a Contributing Level underwriter. Additional support provided by Microsoft and The Wonderful Company.
Presenting underwriters for Spotlight Health 2016 are Booz Allen Hamilton, Mount Sinai Health System, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the SCAN Foundation and Welltower. Supporting underwriters include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Children’s National Health System, and Consumer Reports. American Osteopathic Association, Annenberg Center for Health Sciences, Bristol-Myers Squibb, CDC Foundation, Pfizer, the Rockefeller Foundation and Truth Initiative are contributing underwriters.
About The Atlantic
Founded in 1857 and today one of the fastest growing media platforms in the industry, The Atlantic has throughout its history championed the power of big ideas and continues to shape global debate across print, digital, events, and video platforms. With its award-winning digital presence TheAtlantic.com and CityLab.com on cities around the world, The Atlantic is a multimedia forum on the most critical issues of our times—from politics, business, urban affairs, and the economy, to technology, arts, and culture. The Atlantic is the 2016 National Magazine of the Year. Bob Cohn is President of The Atlantic.
About the Aspen Institute
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute is based in Washington, DC; Aspen, Colorado; and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also has offices in New York City and an international network of partners. For more information, visit www.aspeninstitute.org.