Contact: Kiahna Cassell
The Aspen Institute
Dialogue open to the public and media. Registration required.
Washington, DC, March 23, 2016 — The Aspen Institute, in association with Comcast Corporation, will convene a morning of discussions entitled, The Aspen Institute Symposium on the State of Race in America. The Symposium is intended to explore new attitudes, opportunities, and challenges for and about people of color in 21st century America. Public discussions will focus on Race and the University and Shifting Demographics in Urban Communities.
More information and a live-stream of key sessions will be available at: as.pn/stateofrace
Editor’s Note: Press and public can register at https://aspeninstitute.wufoo.com/forms/2016-state-of-race-in-america-registration/
Who: Opening remarks delivered by David L. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President Officer and Chief Diversity Officer of Comcast Corporation and Charles M. Firestone, Executive Director of the Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program.
Other speakers include:
- Sue Chan, Councilmember, Fremont, California
- Phoebe Haddon, Chancellor, Rutgers University-Camden
- Nailah Harper-Malveaux, Student Activist, Yale University
- Richard Lui, Anchor, NBC News and MSNBC
- DeRay Mckesson, Co-Founder, We the Protestors and Mayoral Candidate, Baltimore, Maryland
- Eduardo Padrón, President, Miami Dade College
- Dawn Phillips, Executive Director, Right to the City
- Ray Suarez, Host, Al Jazeera America
- Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, Mayor, Baltimore, Maryland
- Juan Williams, Political Analyst, Fox News
When: March 29, 2016 at 8:30AM – 1:45PM ET
Where: The Newseum, 555 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001
# # #