The “Aspen Ideas to Go” podcast is a weekly show featuring fascinating speakers who have presented at the Aspen Ideas Festival and other public programs offered by the Aspen Institute — including Aspen Words, the Alma and Joseph Gildenhorn Book Series, and various events around the country. For a curated listening experience subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or listen to each episode on the Aspen Ideas website.
Pope Francis has generated headlines worldwide for his unorthodox approach to the papacy, public acts of humility, and renewed emphasis on compassion. He’ll travel to the United States, for the first time, later this month.
- Michael Gerson, a nationally syndicated columnist whose writing appears twice weekly in The Washington Post
- Father Matt Malone, president and editor in chief of America Media, which publishes America: The National Catholic Review
- Garry Wills, professor, historian, and Pulitzer Prize-winning author (“Why I Am a Catholic” and “The Future of the Catholic Church with Pope Francis”).
This conversation took place in July at the Aspen Ideas Festival.
Tricia Johnson is editorial director of public programs at the Aspen Institute.
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Katie Couric, Netflix, and the New Age of Television
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: What is College For?
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Long Life in the 21st Century
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Is Violence a Function of Our Culture?
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: The National Security View from the White House
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Faith and the Public Square
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Circuit Training for Your Brain: Well-Being is a Skill
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Radical: My Journey Out of Islamist Extremism
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: The Supreme Court’s Marriage Equality Ruling: The Most Consequential Ruling of Our Lifetimes?
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: A Conversation Across Cultures
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: Robert Putnam on Investing in “Our Kids”
- Aspen Ideas to Go Podcast: American Musical Traditions