The Building Indigenous Communities of Hope Fellowship at the Center for Native American Youth at the Aspen Institute is designed for Native American youth (ages 18-24) who have lived experience in the foster care system. Fellows will receive a series of intensive trainings, speaking opportunities, and engagements that enhance their advocacy skills. This four-month fellowship is in partnership with Casey Family Programs, NMCAN, and the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) Law Center.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS August 30, 2021 at 11:59pm EST
To Apply – Applications include two parts:
- Response to a short essay prompt; and
- Optional video or essay submission.
*Note: Applications must be completed in one sitting and cannot save and return to the form.
Eligibility – Youth must:
- Self-identify as Indigenous;
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24 years old;
- Have lived experience in foster care; and
- Are a member of Casey Family Programs 16 partner tribes.