Reminder: APEP’s Advocacy Evaluation Breakfast Next Wednesday, Sep. 25th
Don’t forget to RSVP for our upcoming breakfast event next week with Sue Hoechstetter from Alliance for Justice and the YMCA’s Katherine Hohman. Sue will give us an update on their Advocacy Capacity Tool and how 100 organizations have used the assessment to identify and address capacity challenges. Katherine will be on hand to talk about her organization’s experience with the tool. Stop by the Aspen Institute on September 25th for this caffeinated chat from 8:15 to 9:45AM.
A Fresh Take
The Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS) is offering a potentially compelling narrative on an aspect of the Syrian crisis that has not been covered by all those political and military analysts: the regional health crisis resulting from the escalating Syrian conflict. CSIS’s “take” suggests how other interests and constituencies might be brought to bear on this complex challenge. As evaluators, we’ll be interested to know if participants at this CSIS event spread the word about this health angle to their networks.
APEP’s AEA Presentations
The American Evaluation Association’s annual conference, to be held here in the District (!), is less than four weeks away. And at APEP, we’re getting ready to chat with other evaluators (and evaluation enthusiasts) about our projects and learn from their experiences as well. A list of our conference activities is below. Check ‘em out!
- Assessing Contribution and Informing Strategic Learning Through Evaluation: Four Policy Advocacy Case Studies From Oxfam (Thursday, Oct 17, 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Advocacy Capacity in the Global South: I’m a Funder and I’m Here to Help(!?) (Thursday, Oct 17, 2:40 PM to 4:10 PM)
- Advocacy and Policy Change TIG Business Meeting (Thursday, Oct 17, 6:10 PM to 7:00 PM)
- A Learning Dialogue on Evaluating the Work of Champions (Friday, Oct 18, 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Media Measurement in Action: A Framework for Understanding Community, Tracking Engagement, and Demonstrating Impact of Media Projects (Friday, Oct 18, 4:30 PM to 6:00 PM)
- Seeing the Forest (Beyond the Trees): Learning Across the Experiences of Seven Advocacy Evaluators (Saturday, Oct 19, 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM)
- Campaign Complexity: Using Mixed Method Strategy to Evaluate the Impact of Broadcast Media Campaigns (Saturday, Oct 19, 9:50 AM to 10:35 AM)