The risk of outliving one’s retirement savings has Americans counting dollars instead of sheep as they lay awake at night. Two-thirds of Americans 18 years or older believe that there’s at least some chance they’ll outlive their retirement savings. And sixty percent of Baby Boomers claim they’re more worried about running out of money in retirement than they are of dying. Our current retirement system relies on individuals to navigate a complex set of choices to establish and maintain a sufficient income throughout retirement.
The Aspen Institute’s Retirement Savings Initiative committed to help close this “lifetime income” gap by amplifying pragmatic voices from leaders in academia, government, and industry. This event will explore the challenges and potential solutions for Americans seeking to convert their savings into steady income and to enjoy long and prosperous retirements.
This event will feature the following speakers:
- Jeff Brown, Dean and Josef and Margot Lakonishok Professor of Business, University of Illinois, @IlliniBizDean
- Roger Ferguson, President and CEO, TIAA, @TIAA
- Jonathan Forman, Alfred P. Murrah Professor of Law, University of Oklahoma, @UofOklahomaLaw
- Kevin Hanney,Senior Director, Portfolio Investments, United Technologies Corporation, @UTC
- Elizabeth Kelly, SVP of Operations, United Income, @unitedincome
- Hugh Penney, Senior Director, Compensation & Benefits, Yale University, @Yale
- Ida Rademacher, Vice President, Aspen Institute, Executive Director, Financial Security Program, @idarademacher
More speakers to be announced!
The Aspen Financial Security Program is grateful to TIAA for sponsoring this event.