National Commission Final Report Release
Drawing on input from more than 200 scientists, youth and parent groups, educators, and policymakers, the Commission’s final report, “From a Nation at Risk to a Nation at Hope,” seeks to accelerate and strengthen efforts to support the whole learner in local communities through recommendations for researchers, educators, and policymakers.
The release event profiles communities that are committed to educating the whole learner, examine the politics and policy of this approach to education, feature conversations between students and the adults who’ve made a difference in their lives, and celebrate the many organizations that have committed to advancing the Commission’s final recommendations.
Event speakers include:
- Joshua Bolten, President and CEO of the Business Roundtable
- Mitch Daniels, Former Governor of Indiana and President of Purdue University
- Becky Pringle, Vice President of the National Education Association
- Joshua Garcia, Deputy Superintendent of Tacoma Public Schools
- Mary Helen Immordino-Yang, Associate Professor of Education, Psychology, and Neuroscience at the University of Southern California Rossier School of Education
- Patricia K. Kuhl, Professor and Co-Director of the Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences at the University of Washington
- Jack Markell, Former Governor of Delaware
- LaTanya McDade, Chief Educator Officer for Chicago Public Schools
- Marc Morial, President and CEO of the National Urban League