Women’s exclusion from the digital world has shaved $1 trillion from the GDP of low- and middle-income countries in the last decade. In a future where over 90% of jobs worldwide have a digital component, women’s access to and fluency with technology is a major barrier to education, economic opportunities, healthcare access, and gender parity.
On 11 July 2023, join the Digital Equity Accelerator for a conversation exploring:
- Why women and girls experience barriers to technology access and use around the world
- How social and economic progress can be achieved through digital inclusion interventions
- How countries and communities can benefit by designing with and for women
- Examples of organizations from Africa and Asia poised to scale their reach and impact in serving women
- Thanae Bennani, Executive Director, Douar Tech
- Jimena Bello González, Deputy Director, La Cana
- Ana Greta Ibañez, Co-Founder, StartupLab MX
- Osama Manzar, Founder & Director, Digital Empowerment Foundation
- Gavin Weale, Founder and CEO of Digify Africa
- Hazami Barmada, Director, Digital Equity Accelerator (Host)
The Digital Equity Accelerator, an initiative of the Aspen Institute in collaboration with HP Inc., fuels social innovation by investing in local NGOs working to address social and economic injustices that are exacerbated by unequal technology access and use around the world.