Bill Gates portends doomsday is coming. The late Stephen Hawking said we should prepare for our robot overlords to take their thrones. But is the future as glaring as HAL’s red eye? Or is it more complicated than that? What does a future powered by algorithms and big intelligence mean for our lives? What are the game-changing developments made possible by AI? How will AI transform industry and disrupt business? A panel of tech and business experts, including Tim O’Reilly, Gary Marcus, and Michael Chui, discuss how AI will impact our lives, and what business sectors might be most affected. Their conversation is led by Bloomberg Television’s Erik Schatzker.
Read more about issues related to (or mentioned in) this episode.
- WTF?: What’s the Future and Why It’s Up to Us, Tim O’Reilly
- Artificial Intelligence Is Stuck. Here’s How to Move It Forward, New York Times
- Can Artificial Intelligence Revolutionize Medicine?, Aspen Ideas Festival
- Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Humanity, Aspen Ideas Festival
- WTF (What’s the Future)?, Aspen Ideas to Go
“Aspen Ideas to Go” is a weekly show featuring fascinating speakers who have presented at the Aspen Ideas Festival and other public programs offered by the Aspen Institute. For a curated listening experience, subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or find an archive of episodes here.