Aspen ESG Summit
Aspen ESG Summit
Mindset and Metrics – The Art and Science of Driving Change
July 11th—13th, 2022 | Aspen Meadows Campus, Aspen, CO
In the Summer of 2022, the Aspen Institute Business & Society Program will host the inaugural Aspen ESG Summit at our Aspen Meadows campus in Colorado. The Summit is envisioned as an invitation-only dialogue among business leaders along with long-term investors, corporate governance experts and those who advise, prod, and regulate business.
ESG has come to represent a company’s track record as a societal actor, and the Business & Society Program’s aspiration is to leverage this moment of profound change. Through idea exchange and working sessions, the Summit’s aim is to explore how we can improve ESG-related conversations and foster a community of thoughtful influencers.
The agenda will include inspiration and challenges from invited leaders/speakers, off-the-record working groups, facilitated dialogue, and intimate networking opportunities. Speakers and attendees will include luminary CEOs, corporate board directors, asset owners, trend-setting ESG investment managers and academic researchers.
The Aspen ESG Summit will explore the frontiers of ESG management, including:
- Leaning into the Moment: What are we learning from business’ response to demands for change in domains from “net-zero” emissions, to racial equity, to leadership for democracy?
- Restoring Trust, Building Culture: What do we understand about the practices of firms that invest in innovation, execute long-term, and keep their promises?
- Investors, Issuers and Regulators: What role does each play in disclosing and mitigating ESG risks and responding to opportunities?
- Mining the G in ESG: How will board members and executives up their game as they address the need for change on ESG issues?
- Measurement and Motivation: How to balance the tension between metrics used to punish/reward companies, with goals and expectations that continue to evolve?
- Design for Incentives: How are ESG goals best incorporated into executive and management compensation, and wider employee rewards?
Sponsors of the Aspen ESG Summit
If you are interested in reviewing the attendance criteria and requesting an invitation, please contact Felicia Davis.
All attendees must provide documentation of full COVID-19 vaccination in advance of the convening, and we recommend all attendees be boosted ahead of arrival. Any unvaccinated attendees with medical or religious exemption will be rapid-tested.