Project Manager, Business & Society Program Summit
The Aspen Institute Business and Society Program is seeking a consulting Project Manager to support the planning and production of the Aspen ESG Summit – our marquee annual event, taking place in July 2024. The event offers business thinkers and leaders the opportunity to learn, to connect, and to be inspired, in service to the Business & Society Program’s mission of aligning business decisions with the long-term health of society. Superb project management and event execution is critical to achieving that goal, ensuring that every participant has an exceptional and high-impact experience.
This person will work with the Assistant Director leading the event, and the rest of the BSP team to:
- Produce, manage, and track outreach for event participants, speakers and facilitators, which includes drafting templates, formatting/editing materials, and sending email outreach.
- Execute project plans and manage the distribution, follow-up and tracking of event tasks and milestones.
- Support the development of the event’s agenda and maintain topical idea trackers and databases.
- Set up and participate in meetings and research calls and synthesize findings.
- Coordinate with participants, speakers, and facilitators on various aspects of their involvement.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years in project management support that includes experience planning and executing corporate and/or policy-related events.
- Interest in or direct experience with issues of business and society, ESG, corporate sustainability, social innovation, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex information management challenges.
- An ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a variety of stakeholders including corporate executives, policy advocates and investment professionals.
- Relentless attention to detail, prioritization skills, ability to work on time-sensitive projects, and a commitment to executing seamless events and projects.
Please note that this is a contract position of 20-30 hours per week through July 2024. Hourly compensation ranges from $50-$70/hour, based on experience.
To be considered for this contract, please submit your cover letter and resume through this form. In your cover letter, please share your relevant experience, your interest in this work, and how a contract position fits into your schedule.