Since 2012, the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program has hosted Summits for First Mover Fellows, colleagues and invited experts from the fields of design thinking, leadership, corporate responsibility, innovation, sustainability and more.
The Summits provide business leaders with a platform to gain the tools, skills and network they need to drive innovations that increase business value and make the world a better place.
By the Numbers:
- All 9 classes of First Mover Fellows were represented.
- Over 80 participants attended the 2017 First Movers Summit – making it our largest Summit yet!
- 48 Fellows came from near and far to attend. International participants hailed from Belgium, Chile, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, and the UK.
- Over 50 leading companies were in the room including McDonald’s, Bloomberg LP, Waste Management, Visa, VF Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Kellogg, IBM, Toyota, Nike, West Elm, Verizon, Pfizer, Citigroup, Facebook, Clif Bar and more!
- Nearly 85% of sessions were facilitated by First Mover Fellows and the Fellowship Program’s Design Team.
- More than 90% of survey respondents reported that their expectations on the five outlined goals for the Summit were ‘exceeded’ or ‘met’.