Project Play’s third webinar featured an interactive discussion with young people and their coaches, as well as leading professionals and coaches with resources related to physical health and social emotional well-being. Topics included training at home, safely returning to play, and youth athlete mental health.
Speakers are comprised of experts on youth sports.
- Tom Farrey, Aspen Institute Sports & Society Program Executive Director
- Dr. Andrew Pearle, Hospital for Special Surgery Chief of Sports Medicine
- Shaina Ross, U.S. Soccer Foundation Program Director
- Marty Fox, Aspen Institute Sports & Society Program Associate
The webinar featured conversations between youth athlete and their coaches:
- Charlie Meyer, 8th grade soccer player, East Aurora, NY
- Colton Bly, Charlie’s coach with Western New York Flash
- Kaya Freeman, 11th grade track and field athlete, Detroit, MI
- Michael Montijo, Kaya’s coach with Michigan Racers