Humane leadership requires recognizing and incorporating the unique identities, backgrounds, and experiences everyone brings to their places of work. Values-based leaders know how to create spaces for everyone to bring their full selves to the workplace when building out and/or working with their teams, nurturing their success.
With a primary focus on racial equity, the Identity, Diversity, and Equity in the Workplace Seminar explores the contours of identity in ways that build more self-aware individuals and stronger and more effective teams. This virtual seminar will take place fall 2022. Dates are coming soon.
On May 18 at 12:00PM ET, join this information session to learn more about the seminar experience, expected outcomes, and have a chance to get any of your questions answered.
This Seminar is recommended for individuals seeking to:
- advance diversity, equity and inclusion in their teams or at their organization
- expand their understanding of the complicated role of identity in existing organizational and social structures
- engage in thoughtful listening so as to incorporate diverse perspectives in their personal and professional lives
- improve their ability to hold and/or participant in in difficult conversations around race, gender, sexuality, and religion
- develop more diverse professional networks
Participants leave the seminar with:
- a deeper appreciation for the formation and expression of their own identities and the identities of those with whom they interact
- a greater awareness of the systemic benefits and/or injustices experienced by others in both historical and contemporary contexts
- a more sophisticated understanding of and consensus about what racial equity means in theory and in practice
- an enhanced ability to communicate on sensitive issues including, but not limited to, race, gender, sexuality, and religion
- strategies for leading, working with, developing, and working in diverse teams