Automatic, simple, and cost-effective, the Obama Administration’s proposed Automatic IRA and the enhanced Saver’s Credit have the potential to ensure millions of Americans greater income in retirement. This could be accomplished through an auto pilot default investment option. The panel will discuss current views on a default investment option for the Automatic IRA and consider the two leading contenders – R-Bonds and Real Savings +.
Panelists will include:
- Mark J. Iwry, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Retirement and Health Policy, United States Treasury
- Cristina Martin Firvida, Director of Economic Security, AARP
- Nancy Register, Associate Director, Consumer Federation of America
- Lewis Mandell, Senior Fellow, Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security
- John Tippets, Chief Executive Officer, North Island Credit Union and Founding Aspen IFS Advisory Board Member
Your Nest Egg on Auto-Pilot will be an opportunity to engage in a serious dialogue about the design of the Obama Administration’s policies to expand retirement saving for millions of Americans. It is vital as policy makers and Congressional leaders set out to reshape the nation’s retirement savings system they take a hard look at how a default investment option can help ensure that more Americans reach retirement with adequate savings.
Please join us for this important event. RSVP is not required but is recommended, as seating will be limited. If you have questions or press inquiries, please contact Raymond O’Mara at 202.736.2929 or [email protected].
The event is organized by the Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security, in conjunction with Senate Special Committee on Aging. The Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security is a leading policy program focused on bold solutions to help all Americans at every stage of life to save, invest, and own.
Your Nest Egg on Auto Pilot will bring together esteemed retirement security experts to discuss the Obama Administration’s retirement savings proposals and explore critical design questions about the Automatic IRA and Saver’s Credit.