Benefits of the Heritage Society
We know that many of the most loyal supporters of the Aspen Institute decide to name us in their estate plans because we have elevated their mind, body, and spirit in some way. Our Heritage Society Members have also participated in the impact of our mission and work over the decades. That said, we like to recognize you with certain benefits and inspire others to join the Heritage Society.
- your name and the name of a loved one (if desired) listed on a seat in the Paepcke Auditorium on the Aspen Meadows campus
- an invitation to our annual Heritage Society reception or seminar
- an opportunity to sign our Heritage Society Livre d’Or / Book of Remembrance
- our bi-annual Heritage Society newsletter
- special listing in our annual report, and
- a membership certificate.
Heritage Society Seminar – “Values in the Crucible”
On August 1, 2017 Heritage Society members participated in a customized readings-based seminar exploring timeless values located at the Aspen Meadows in Aspen, Colorado. Modeled after the classic executive seminar and inspired by the legendary Mortimer Adler, the Heritage Society Seminar covered two sessions, “The Republic of Conscience” and “Of Hope and History.” Led by Aspen Institute Senior Moderator Keith Berwick, participants were encouraged to learn from each other, explore their individual legacies, and appreciate their role and responsibility in building a good society for future generations. We thanked our Heritage Society members and select friends around the table who have cumulatively been part of the Institute family for more than 200 years, and whose legacy includes supporting Institute beyond their lifetimes. Read more about the seminar in the Fall 2017 Heritage Society Newsletter.