Nominate a First Mover Fellow
First Mover Fellows are exceptional corporate social intrapreneurs who are creating new products, services and practices that increase business value and make the world a better place.
You can learn more about the nomination criteria and process below. The nomination deadline for the 2018 class is Friday, March 2nd.
Do you know a potential First Mover Fellow? We’re looking for candidates who:
- Work in large for-profit companies (not government, start-ups or non-profits)
- Work in core business functions (e.g., finance, marketing, legal, etc.) rather than CSR departments
- Have demonstrated passion and capacity for working at the intersection of business growth and positive social and environmental change
- Have a track record of innovation, coupled with a sense of humility about his or her accomplishments
- Would be excited about and committed to an Aspen Institute Fellowship that requires:
- Attendance at three four-day seminars over one year
- Active engagement with peers and experts across industries
- The pursuit of a meaningful project that combines business profitability and social or environment impact
- Participation in a lifelong community of exceptional social intrapreneurs
- A Fellowship fee (see below)
We seek diverse nominations across industry, geography, functional responsibility and demographics.
For more information, download the candidate profile one-pager.
The Fellowship Financial Commitment
The Fellowship is a program of the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program. Fellows’ companies pay a participation fee of $27,500, payable in two installments. The first payment of $23,500 is due on July 1st. It covers program delivery costs, as well as accommodations and all meals during the three First Mover seminars in Colorado, Maryland and New York. The second payment of $4,000 is due on February 1st the following year. This payment covers post-Fellowship follow-up, including check-ins on project progress; ongoing program evaluation; and the introduction of new Fellows into the broader Aspen First Movers community.
Fellows’ companies pay travel costs to/from the seminar locations.
The Nomination and Selection Process
We do not accept self-nominations to the Fellowship. All candidates must be nominated by colleagues, business or academic leaders.
First-round interviews are conducted with promising candidates between December – March each year. Candidates selected for the second round are invited to complete an application form that includes a description of the idea that they want to turn into action if selected to be a First Mover Fellow.
The First Movers Fellowship Program staff select the finalists who are then presented to the First Movers Design Team in April each year. Those selected are notified in May. The public announcement is made in June.
For more information, download the Fellowship Program Overview which includes the 2018 seminar dates and details about the benefits of the program for companies and individuals.
How to Nominate
We accept nominations year-round. However, the nomination deadline for the 2018 class is Friday, March 2. Do you know someone who would make a great candidate? Let us know!