American Express Leadership Academy 2.0
The Fellowship Program
The Leadership Academy 2.0 is a week-long fellowship at the Aspen Institute’s Aspen Meadows campus in Aspen, CO. Through the generous support of the American Express Foundation, the fellowship program is offered free of charge to selected participants, including lodging and meals in Aspen. Participants are expected to cover the cost of their travel to Colorado.
The Fellowship program embraces the Aspen idea that rejuvenation of the mind, body and spirit will lead to more enlightened, effective leadership. In Aspen, Fellows will:
- Engage in critical examination and discussion of classic and contemporary literary and philosophical texts
- Explore and articulate the underlying values driving their work and commitment to the social sector
- Cultivate and embrace their individual philosophy of values-based leadership
- Develop a peer cohort of accomplished social sector leaders
- Enjoy the majestic beauty of Colorado, with opportunities for exploration and physical activity
Fellows are required to complete a substantial set of readings in advance and must agree to participate in the entire program, including group meals and social activities.