"It changed my life totally. In today's world, values-based leadership is crucial.
Everyone needs the Aspen Seminar to help navigate the future."
—Leonard Lauder, Chairman, Estee Lauder Companies
"As a CEO, taking time to sharpen the saw is critical.
The Aspen Seminar is the best whetstone out there."
—Reed Hastings, Founder and CEO, Netflix
|Upcoming Aspen Seminar Schedule:|
For over sixty years, the Aspen Seminar on leadership, values, and the good society has challenged leaders in every field to think more critically and deeply about the good society. Our proven method of text-based dialogue offers participants a neutral forum in which to reflect on timeless human values, pursue common ground, and cultivate a richer understanding of the human condition. Participants emerge from the Aspen Seminar personally renewed, professionally re-focused, and better prepared to lead as they confront the difficult choices of our ever-changing world.
In a setting conducive to thought and fellowship, each seminar convenes a diverse group of 15-20 leaders for lively, intensive roundtable discussions led by skilled moderators. Classic and contemporary texts reflecting the breadth of human civilization form the starting points of a rich conversation in which the questions posed by the group are frequently as illuminating as the varied, timeless wisdom of the texts. Countless seminar graduates report that they leave the seminar personally and professionally invigorated, more skilled in making decisions, and often so transformed by their experience that they chart a new course of action.
Who participates in the Aspen Seminar?
- Top leaders from all walks of life who are looking for a leadership development program that focuses on questions rather than on answers.
- Successful leaders who want to clarify their core values as they strive to live more significant professional and personal lives.
- Visionary leaders who are looking to understand better the tensions inherent in conceptions of the good society.
- Global leaders from the 13 leadership initiatives that make up the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
- Concerned leaders who want to be challenged to think more deeply and act more justly.
- Sample participants include: President/CEO, Toshiba Vital Images; Colonel, United States Army;Commissioner, NYC Mayor's Community Affairs Unit; Vice President, Head of Strategy, Lafarge; SA Ambassador, Ministry of External Affairs, Carabinieri-Italia; Director, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation; Senior Program Officer, Hitachi Foundation; SVP Programs, National Council-La Raza; Principal, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP; EVP Growth, Teach for America; and National Security Correspondent, National Public Radio.
For information on how to be nominated to participate in the Aspen Seminar, please contact Charlene Costello, Senior Seminars Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org; phone: 410-820-5374). Seminars are held at our Aspen campus in Colorado and our Wye River campus alongside the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.
Cost to attend in 2015: $9,950, inclusive of lodging, meals, group events, and materials. Airfare is not included; early flight booking is strongly recommended. Limited financial assistance, typically not exceeding 50% of the fee, is available on a competitive basis for those who qualify.