present the fourth annual Geneva Policy Dialogue Series on Reproductive Health, celebrating the 2014 Resolve Award Country Winners.
Peru and Tanzania have been awarded the prestigious Resolve Award, which was announced by the Global Leaders Council for Reproductive Health at the inaugural Geneva Policy Dialogue Series on Reproductive Health in May 2011 and given for the first time in May 2012. The 2014 Special Mentions have been given to Afghanistan and Cambodia.
Pictured left to right, Dr. Mike Mbizvo, Professor at University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences and Former Director of the Department of Reproductive Health and Research at the World Health Organization, hosted the ceremony while Dr. Musimbi Kanyoro, Global Leaders Council member and President of the Global Fund for Women, presented the awards to: Ambassador Luis Enrique Chavez Basagoitia, Permanent Representative of Peru to the United Nations Office and Other International Organizations in Geneva, who accepted the policy development Resolve Award on behalf of Peru; and Honorable Dr. Seif Seleman Rashidi, Minister of Health of Tanzania, who accepted the service delivery Award on behalf of Tanzania. The Resolve Award Special Mention for policy development was presented to Afghanistan and was accepted by Honorable Dr. Suraya Dalil, Minister of Public Health of Afghanistan. Honorable Dr. Mam Bunheng, Minister of Health of Cambodia, accepted the service delivery Special Mention on behalf of Cambodia.
See the agenda or the program for the full list of speakers.
Watch the video to see how the 2014 Resolve Award winners overcame challenges of service delivery and policy development to accelerate access to reproductive health:
Join the conversation by following @GLCRHresolve and #Resolve.
Learn more about the countries who accepted the 2014 Resolve Award. Want to know about their specific innovations on the ground? Check out:
- GLC Resolve Award Innovation Profile: Peru
- GLC Resolve Award Innovation Profile: Tanzania
- GLC Resolve Award Innovation Profile: Afghanistan
- GLC Resolve Award Innovation Profile: Cambodia
- Global Leaders Honor Tanzania for Addressing Reproductive Health Needs for Underserved Populations
- Global Leaders Honor Peru for Multisectoral Plan to Prevent Adolescent Pregnancy
- Cambodia Recognized for Progress in Reducing Maternal Mortality
- Global Leaders Celebrate Afghanistan for New Initiatives in Reproductive Health