DAILY DISPATCH FROM THE 2013 ASPEN IDEAS FESTIVAL: THURSDAY, JUNE 27
Select Upcoming Live Streams from the Aspen Ideas Festival:
- 12:00pm MDT / 2:00pm EDT – Be Fearless: How Big Ideas, Experimentation, and Failing Forward Can Change the World
Jean Case, Steve Case, Andrea Mitchell
- 1:20pm MDT / 3:20pm EDT – Reimagining Citizenship
E. J. Dionne, Jr., Cristina Jiménez, Heather Smith, Mark Meckler, Eric Liu
- 2:40pm MDT / 4:40pm EDT – What Can Iraq Tell Us about the Future of Democracy in the Middle East?
Barham Salih, David Ignatius, Jeffrey Goldberg
- 5:00pm MDT / 7:00pm EDT – Unlocking the Potential of Small Business in America
Lloyd Blankfein, Mitch Landrieu, Arianna Huffington, Walter Isaacson, Margaret Spellings
A full schedule of live streams is available here: http://www.aspenideas.org/live-now.
Also, catch today’s episode of The Aspen Institute Presents, broadcast from the Aspen Ideas Festival, exclusively on public television’s WORLD Channel (worldchannel.org) at 9:00pm ET. This episode will be available online a few hours before broadcast for media using the following link and password: http://vimeopro.com/user5686209/the-aspen-institute-presents2, password: worldaspen.
Quotes from the Festival Yesterday:
“[Reporters] are trying to avoid taking sides in politics. That gets them in trouble. But the good thing is that in elections, in the long run each party wins about half the time. So you are naturally being neutral if you are telling the truth—basically, being honest about who’s going to win at a given time. [But] that doesn’t mean each election is 50-50.” —Nate Silver
“The biggest barrier to problems is incrementalism. This country is inspired by bold visions.” —John Bridgeland
“Shakespeare once said, ‘Hell hath no fury than a bunch of alpha women pissed off at the slow pace of cancer research.’” —Katie Couric
The Ideas Report on TheAtlantic.com
More Festival coverage is also available from The Atlantic, which produces the Aspen Ideas Festival in partnership with the Aspen Institute. The Atlantic’s “Ideas Special Report” includes:
- Video from the Aspen Ideas Festival
- A “Today at Aspen” photo gallery
- An #AspenIdeas Twitter feed
- Blog posts highlighting ideas from all sections of TheAtlantic.com, and responses to a new question they put to their readers each day.
Full schedule available here. Full-session video and clips will be featured on the Aspen Institute’s YouTube channel, on www.AspenIdeas.org, iTunesU, and on the Aspen Institute’s video channel. Follow the Ideas Festival on Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter at @aspenideas with the hashtag #AspenIdeas.
*Editors: Video and images from the Aspen Ideas Festival are available upon request.*
For more information about the Aspen Ideas Festival, please contact:
The Aspen Institute